The Best Magical Extras You Didn’t Know About
By Heather Malo
If you’re looking for a special experience to create some extra-special memories,
Disney has you covered.
You’ve heard of Character Dining and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? These are some of the most popular experiences at Walt Disney World. And we totally understand why… who wouldn’t get excited about having a chat with Winnie the Pooh or getting a princess makeover? But, these are just a tiny sampling of what Disney has to offer.
Walt Disney World has created dozens of other add-ons like unique access tours, limited events and nature experiences that can take your next vacation to a new level. Their well of magical guest encounters is deep. In fact, there are so many magical extras to enjoy, it’s more likely you’ll have a difficult time narrowing down your selections than finding something extra to do.
That’s why we wanted to tell you about our favorites! There’s no real order to them, aside from the fact that these are our most loved Magical Experiences…
1. Keys to the Kingdom Tour – Disney offers quite a few tours, but we’ve found Keys of the Kingdom to be the most considerate of time and budget. Tours start as early as 8:00am and last five hours. Your journey around Magic Kingdom includes lunch, exploration of secret locations like the Utilidor tunnels and special Fast Pass access to several rides. The tour is full of information sure to make any Disney enthusiasts’ little heart go pitter pat. Claire is our favorite cast member that conducts this tour.
2. Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace – After a long day at Disney World, sifting through crowds and hurrying to make those Fast Passes, there is nothing more pleasant than watching fireworks over Cinderella’s Castle while enjoying some delectable treats. Bonus: now adults can enjoy some grown up beverages along with those sweet desserts.
3. Up Close with Rhinos – For the animal lovers in your party, reserve a spot on the Rhinos tour in Animal Kingdom. You’ll be accompanied by Animal Kingdom Cast Members who will take the time to educate as well as answer questions about Rhinos and their different breeds, living habits, etc. You’ll also get a backstage look at their living quarters and occasionally, if the Rhinos are having a good and cooperative day, you may even get to pet one of them! However, the petting is not guaranteed, so if you get the opportunity, consider it a double dose of Disney Magic.
4. Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage – Adults and children alike will love this unique evening of entertainment. Starting off with snacks and drinks at the Contemporary Resort, you’ll be treated a boat ride and a spectacular view of the Happily Ever After fireworks over Cinderella’s Castle. Best part, you don’t have to the fight the crowds when leaving the park after the show is finished.
5. Dining with an Imagineer - We all know the creative drive behind Disney Magic belongs to a special group of Cast Members called the Imagineers. Who wouldn’t like to pick their brain over lunch? Meet your Imagineer at Citricos or the Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios for a fun filled meal with your own private question and answer session. Who knows, you may even get a few secrets out of them!
These additions all come with unique expenses and restrictions, so you’ll want to make certain you have a full understanding of age requirements, durations and costs before you make reservations. Booking follows the same rule as Advanced Dining Reservations: you can start booking 180 days out for guests staying on or off property. Space and availability for these experiences is limited, so you’ll need to reserve your spot as soon as you’re able.