Disney World Re-Opening Updates
By Heather Malo
Nothing hurt us more than to hear that our favorite Magical destination was temporarily closing. So last week, when those re-opening dates were announced, we were all texting each other with joy and excitement… full well knowing, Disney World was going to look different.
And indeed, it does.
At the time of this writing, we have dates for the re-opening and a slew of new guidelines to follow. Unfortunately, we don’t have all the instructions on how to implement those guidelines.
So, this is what we do know:
·Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will open on July 11th.
· Hollywood Studios and EPCOT will open on July 15th.
· All four parks will operate at limited capacity.
· DVC hotels will begin opening at the end of June.
· Masks will be required for both cast members and guests above the age of 2.
· Temperature checks will be implemented for both cast members and guests.
· All Advanced Dining Reservations, Magical Extras and Fast Passes have been and will continue to be removed from current guest reservations through the end of 2020.
· Reservations will be required to enter the parks.
· All parades, fireworks, meet and great and character dining experiences have been cancelled until further notice.
· As of this writing, we cannot alter ANY current Disney reservations. We can cancel them… but we encourage you to adopt a wait and see attitude.
These are the big points.
It feels like a lot to us. And I’m sure if feels like that to you too.
But there is one other thing we know for certain: this will change.
We fully expect things to look much different in the coming months.
And there’s another upside to consider: while Disney may look different for a while, the crowds are going to be tremendously lower. Perhaps the lowest we’ll see in our lifetime. Frankly, it’s a great time to plan a vacation.
There are a dozen ins and outs to planning a trip right now and a hundred little things to consider.
Our advice is this: be patient.
While we know these guidelines will change, we don’t know when they’ll change.
But we’re kind of excited to watch it all unfold.
Until then, know we have your best interest at heart and we’re figuring out new procedures together. And we regularly have calls with one another to figure out the best ways to manage your trips.
So, sit tight with us… call or email us if you have questions… and know we’re working for you.
Need help planning your next Disney vacation? Check out our previous blog posts on www.letstalktravel.us or contact me at email@example.com . I’m here and ready to help you plan! Best part is my services are included at no additional charge when you stay at a Disney World resort hotel.